Our client is an Irish company moving their production from Asia back to Ireland. The operation will start early 2018 and the Operations Manager will be in charge of setting up the new production plant with an ambitious growth plan the coming 12 months.
They are now looking for
Operations Manager/Fermentation Expert Ireland
Company will set up a production plant for producing enzymes and various specialist bacteria from mainly carbohydrate feedstocks. These enzymes and bacteria are then used in various food manufacturing- and other biochemical processes.
Initially project manage the construction & engineering requirement for build of this ‘green field’ facility. Manage relationships with appointed construction company, utility providers and third party service provides for the duration of the build phase.
To source and oversee installation of vats and other technical equipment required upon completion of the construction phase. To develop, optimize and manage production campaigns for all products manufactured by the business. To assist in process development with technical team.
Typical work activities for this role will include –
- Assessing processes for relevance and assessing the adequacy of equipment
- Installing and commissioning vats and other equipment using mainly various carbohydrate feedstock. However other feedstock also used depending on what was to be produced and for what applications- eg enzymes, bacteria, chitosan and silage additive products
- Liaising and conducting experiments with internal and external R&D departments
- Preparing reports, flow diagrams and production outputs data/charts.
- Assessing the availability of raw materials and safety and environmental impact of the plant.
- Ensuring the process / plant works at the optimum level with the right quality of output
- Managing the costs and time constraints of projects
- Making observations and taking measurements directly as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the operations/processing outputs meet specified regulations.
- Working closely with other specialists including: scientists responsible for the quality control of raw materials, intermediates and finished products; engineers responsible for any maintenance; commercial colleagues and on product specifications, production schedules and staff.
Minimum Role Requirements:
- A degree Qualification in Microbiology or related qualification with good commercial /entrepreneurial background including ideally some start-up experience.
- Solid experience in relevant R&D and Product Development
- A minimum of 5 years of working as a fermentation technologist that included the production of enzymes, bacteria and/or chitosan in a food manufacturing environment
- Excellent Organizational Planning and Time Management Skills.
- Good Communicator all levels and IT proficient- MS Office.
- Passionate ’can do’ original thinker
- Flexible multi-tasker that can delegate effectively.
- Effective at monitoring / controlling budget spend and problem solver.
- International Travel may sometimes be required – flexibility is expected in this role
For more information – contact Trond Larsen, Talent Gallery Search & Selection – mobile +47 9130 2220 or send a CV to email@example.com